We’re still in the getting-to-know-you stage, right? Well, today I wanted to share a fun post that might help you get to know me better. I’d love to know some things about you, too, so play along below. Ready?
20 things you might not know about me
1. I somehow managed to have two extra adult teeth in my mouth when I was younger. I had those – along with four additional teeth – pulled. No pain like teeth pulling pain.
2. I am terrified of clowns. I blame this on my parents for letting me watch IT when I was a 8! #badparenting
3. I won a regional storytelling contest when I was in middle school. It was kind of a big deal (for me). The story I told was “Wicked John and the Devil.” I can still recall parts of it! Ha Ha
4. I was a french major in college for a hot minute before switching to business and then to law and finally to political science. I thought my advisor was going to kill me. I ended up minoring in business and then got my MBA.
5. My favorite foods include: sushi, carrot cake, peanut butter, coffee, and wine (drinks can be food, right?)
6. When I was a toddler I bit into a tube of superglue and had to be taken to the ER to have my mouth pried open (I believe the doctors used a spoon). I’m not going to point fingers, but my dad was supposed to be watching me.
7. 99% of the time that I worry it’s about my kids.
8. My idea of a perfect morning is to wake up early, drink coffee in a quiet house while I write, spend some time with my family having breakfast, and then get in a hard workout.
9. My happy place is definitely the beach. I love the salty air. I visualize being at the beach when I need to relax.
10. I’m not a natural blonde <— you didn’t know that, DID you?! 🙂
11. Things I hate: balancing my checkbook, getting my oil changed, snow, and anything involving the DMV.
12. My parents named all three of their children with an “A.” And our last name starts with an “A”. Real funny, mom and dad.
13. I am technically from Niagara Falls, but I lived in Buffalo for several years before moving to NC. Yes, chicken wings and pizza are awesome in Buffalo. No, I don’t love snow (see #11).
14. I can make some really amazing Paleo desserts. My favorite is a chocolate peanut butter fudge tart.
15. I have a problem spending money on workout clothes, sneakers, coffee, and Orangetheory.
16. I once had to defend my thesis in college to three (male) political scientist professors, including the department chair. My topic? The Gender Gap in the House of Representatives – Why Women Don’t Have a Place at the Table. Talk about nervous.
17. I still get carded for alcohol (Ok, I secretly love it).
18. I could run all day on the treadmill, but put me in a pool and I can barely move. Swimming is HARD!
19. My favorite places to kill an hour of time: Target, Nordstrom Rack, Starbucks, the gym!
20. I love being a mom to two girls. Our house is 75% female. Oh, yeah!
Okay, now it;s your turn. Share one thing about yourself below. C’mon it’s fun!