This pumpkin granola may just be the easiest thing you will ever make. With around seven ingredients, it’s simple to throw together even on the busiest of mornings. Plus, it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free which makes it a great (and safe) choice for school snacks. If your child does not have any nut allergies, you can toss in slivered almonds or chopped cashews. Try adding some dried fruit, like raisins or blueberries.
- 2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, slightly melted
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, sunflower butter, vanilla, and pumpkin. You may need to heat these up slightly in order to incorporate everything.
- Add the wet ingredients to the oats and mix well.
- Spread granola over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in fridge for maximum freshness.