Hey, there. I have a delicious and simple recipe to share with you guys this evening. It’s a variation of the Buffalo chicken wing recipe I posted last year, but…I must confess…I love this one way more! The combination of the sweet honey with the savory garlic is a match made in Heaven.
If you follow my weekend recaps then you know that most weekends include chicken wings, wine, and occasionally GF pizza. Unlike traditional chicken wings, these are oven-baked and marinated in a coconut oil base. The result is crispy, crunchy, and perfectly cooked wings. It’s definitely a step above your average chicken wing, yet so easy to prepare. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
- 24 chicken wings
- 1 batch of garlic honey sauce (see below)
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees and place baking rack at the top of the oven so it’s right below the heat.
- Remove wings from packaging and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes until wings are crispy and a golden color.
- While the wings are baking, prepare the honey-garlic sauce.
- After the wings are finished cooking, remove from the oven and toss in the sauce.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Garlic honey sauce:
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan and heat over low-medium heat until all the ingredients have been combined.