If you follow me on Instagram then you know I’ve been enjoying protein pancakes quite a bit lately. Today I’m sharing my favorite way to prepare a simple and tasty breakfast that’s packed with protein and healthy fats plus just the right amount of sweet!
This five ingredient pancake it easy to whip up (especially if you haven’t been to the grocery store) and is a great way to start your day or refuel after a workout. You may also like that it’s gluten and dairy free and low in sugar. I’ve included the nutrition breakdown below in case that’s helpful. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin
- 1.5 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder (I use SunWarrior)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- cinnamon (a few shakes)
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Coat a medium-sized skillet with non-stick spray (or coconut oil) and place over medium heat.
- Pour batter into the skillet and cook for approximately 2 minutes per side (watch so that it does not burn).
- Top with nut butter and fruit or whatever else you’d enjoy.
Nutrition breakdown (without sweetner):
190 calories (26 grams of protein / 6 grams of fat / 5 grams of carbohydrates)