My weekend started off on a rough note after I fell down the stairs on Friday. I was busy telling my kids to go slow and watch what they were doing and I ended up tripping and falling down about 10 stairs. I scraped my ankle and bruised my arm, but luckily I’m okay. Geez! What a way to start the weekend. Fortunately, things got better and I thought I’d share a bit about our weekend.
10 things from the weekend
1. A brisk stroll to the playground. Friday was a teacher workday so I was home solo with the girls. We took our babies to the playground for a little fun.
2. Coffee-work date Friday afternoon. After playing with the girls for most of the morning, Matt came home and I dashed away to Starbucks to work for a few hours. Even though we have a home office I sometimes work better when I am out of the house.
3. Teacher work day = early Wine Time. Just FYI, it starts at 4:00 pm on those days.
4. Waking up on my own Saturday and Sunday morning. Lately Ashlyn has been getting up at 5 am and asking me to make her a smoothie. I think she must hear Matt in the morning as he leaves for work. The last two days I got up on my own and enjoyed some alone time.
5. Orangetheory class. I just lovvvveee it.
6. The great outdoors. Even though it was slightly chilly out, the sun was shining and it was beautiful weather. We rode bikes and walked to the playground.
7. Sunday morning massage. Much needed after my week.
8. Lots of downtime, coffee, and slippers. We had zero plans this weekend and it was all I wanted.
9. Exploring another playground (that makes three trips this weekend). #parentlife
10. Planning and preparing for next month’s trip to Mexico. This spring trip can’t come soon enough!
Last week’s workouts
Orangetheory, CrossFit, and a home workout. I am really glad I was able to make time for a workout just about every day.
1) 3 back squats EMOM (every minute on the minute) for 10 minutes (I used 75#)
2) 5 minutes AMRAP:
30 double unders (I did 60 single unders)
10 push presses (I used 35#)
Rest 2 minutes
5 minutes AMRAP:
60 single unders
10 hang power cleans (I used 35#)
@ home workout
- DB plank row to push up (12 reps, I used two 15# DBs)
- DB curl to overhead press (12 reps)
- low ab pull ins (12)
- low stair jumps (50 total)
- DB reverse lunge (12 each side, I used 15# DBs)
- S/A tricep extension (12 each side)
- high rows (12 total)
- high knees (50)
9 rounds – 1 min each exercise:
- squats to low bench
- decline mountain climbers
- bicycle crunches
- 8 S/A reverse lunge to thruster, each side (I used a 25# DB)
- 8 S/A bent over low row, each side (I used 25#)
- 8 S/A dumbbell chest press (I used a 30# DB)
- 8 dumbbell pullover (25#)
- 200 meter row
- 20 bicycle crunches
- 20 atomic mountain climbers
- 20 dumbbell torso twists
Repeat entire sequence 3-4 times
1) 2 full snatches EMOM for 10 minutes (I used 45#)
2) 3 rounds:
2 minutes burpees over the bar
1 minute toes to bar
1 minute thrusters (I used 45#)
2 minutes rest
Orangetheory – 3G class
REST – massage
How was your weekend? What’s something you enjoyed?