What I did Wednesday {Day in the life}

January 19, 2017

Hey there! It’s been awhile since I’ve written a Day in the Life post so I thought I’d share what a typical day for us looks like. Here goes…


5:15 am – Alarm goes off, but I hit snooze several times because I didn’t sleep well the night before. I have been sleeping like total crap lately. I can’t really figure it out.


5:45 am – Drag myself out of bed and head downstairs to drink coffee and work. I review and publish the 6 essential stretches post and then start in on my office work.

6:30 am – I work for about 30 minutes until Maddie creeps downstairs and asks for Cheerios. She lies on my lap and I work for another 30 minutes or so.


7:00 am – Ashlyn is up and downstairs. The girls request a smoothie and I whip up one with raspberries, banana, and leftover coconut milk. We picked up a bunch of raspberries from the store recently and they are so dang tasty!

A Fit Mess

The girls play for a while and I roast a pan of Brussel sprouts, peppers and onions. I also bake some sweet potatoes and throw together breakfast.

8:00 am – Breakfast for the girls. They had leftover beans and rice with some grapes. Rookie mistake with the rice. It. was. Everywhere.

9:00 am – The girls watch Sophia the First while I get dressed as quickly as possible. I make the rounds going from room to room picking up, grabbing garbage, collecting laundry, etc. I throw a load of laundry in the washer, empty the dishwasher, and get the girls dressed.


9:30 am – We are out the door! Hooray!

9:45 am – We arrive at the library for their Music & Movement class. The girls aren’t incredibly interested in the music or the movement so we head over to the books and read for quite a while.

11:00 am – We hit up three drive-thrus: Starbucks (coffee), ATM, and CVS. Seriously, how did parents do it before drive-thrus? They make my life SOOOOO much easier.

11:45 am – We arrive home and the girls play while I make lunch and soak some almonds to make almond milk. I also snack on an RX Bar while I cook.

12:00 pm – Lunch! I made this battered fish from Trader Joes and served it with a sweet potato and some asparagus for the girls.

I end up eating their leftovers along with some yogurt.

12:15 pm – FedEx arrives with a few packages. Some fun candle holders from CB2 and the girls’ new Onitsuka Tiger shoes!

I am dying over them. 🙂

12:45 pm – Matt arrives home from work and the girls are excited to play with him for a while and try on their shoes.

1:00 pm – I had planned on taking a run, but I end up walking for an hour while listening to the Tim Ferris show (<-LOVE).

It was a gorgeous day!

2:00 pm – I get home and read a few of our library books to the girls before their nap.

2:30 pm – I miraculously get the girls down and then work for another hour before leaving to grab a few groceries. I picked up a few items from Target. Kombucha and wine = the necessities.

4:00 pm – I’m home and the girls are up and we play for a bit.

4:30 pm – Dinner for the girls included rice noodles mixed with leftover turkey chili and pears.

5:30 pm – We watched some kind of wilderness show with the girls which they thought was hysterical. We ended up watching a bit more than we planned and before we knew it it was time to get ready for bed.


7:00 pm – PJs, brush teeth, play, books, play, play, beg mom and dad to stay up. More books. This, my friends, is negotiation time. 🙂


7:45 pm – Lights out for the girls (finally!). Matt and I clean up the kitchen and then settle in for and episode of Homeland.


9:30 pm – Get ready for bed. Two little creepers come into our room and want to sleep with us. We give in. All four of us get into bed. We giggle for a bit and talk and then go to sleep.


The End.


Leave a Reply