Heyyyy. How are you? I hope you enjoyed the weekend. This week is going to be a bit of a bear for me as I have several projects due including a presentation on Friday to prep for. But my week ends with a dinner date out to celebrate Matt’s 40th birthday so I have something fun to look forward to. Gotta power through!
It’s been awhile since I’ve done a Weekend Top 10 post so I’ll stick with that style for today. Regardless of your political position, I’m sure the last several days have been stressful for everyone. That’s why it’s so important to take time to remember the good in our lives. Acknowledging the little things that bring me joy is a great way to show gratitude for the every day. I’d encourage you to jot down some of the things that made you smile this weekend.
Weekend top 10
1. Early bird Orangetheory workout on Saturday morning – I love getting my workout over with first thing in the morning. It’s a great way to kick off the weekend.
2. Cozied up on the couch Friday and Saturday night with a glass of wine and some Homeland. Love, love, love! PS: We’re done with the season and looking for another recommendation! Suggestions?
3. Shopping at Old Navy with the girls for school clothes. They were *mostly* good while we shopped. So I was I — I spied some fun and colorful workout clothes in the women’s section, but resisted the urge.
4. Massage at Hand & Stone…much needed! I had some serious knots in my upper back. I kept apologizing to the massage therapist because it sounded like popcorn popping when she was working on my shoulders and neck. Ewwww.
5. Matt took the girls with him to Trader Joe’s on Sunday morning and I had some time to myself. Yes, friends, having time alone in the house is a highlight. I was able to clean, shower, and prep food. But it’s an odd feeling to be alone in my house these days.
6. Starting (and loving) the book, The Gift of Fear. I can’t put it down. I highly recommend this book for my female friends. I’ll have more to share on that soon.
7. Kitchen fun: I spent some time in the making apple fritters for the girls (recipe soon!) and they were delicious. They tasted like apple pie, but not quite as sweet. I fried them in coconut oil, but I may try baking them next time.
8. Receiving my January Stitch Fix box in the mail. Sadly, I didn’t end up keeping anything (sooo disappointing!). But I was happy to learn about their new Good Will partnership. Now you may use the box from your Stitch Fix shipment to donate items to Good Will. Just print a free shipping label online and take it to your local UPS or USPS store or drop box. Awesome, right? You can read more about it here.
9. Reviewing our plans for a spring trip to Mexico. Getting excited!!
10. Some quality time with the girls. Ashlyn is really into puzzles these days and worked on a few by herself. I was stunned how quickly she put it together considering it’s for 6 and up.
Last week’s workouts
Once again, I included several days at Orangetheory. I typically go twice a week, but lately I have been adding a third class as my schedule allows. I haven’t felt very inspired with my workouts so it’s nice to go to a group class where someone just tells you what to do. I hope to add back running this week and maybe some yoga or a good stretch session. I’ve been feeling so stiff lately!
Orangetheory – endurance/switch day
1 hour walk outside (it was gorgeous outside)
Orangetheory – strength day
Strength work looked like this:
- 10 front squats (I used two 30# DBs)
- 200 meter row
- repeat until time is called
- 10 overhead tricep extensions
- 10 DB pullovers
- 10 leg lifts with a DB
- 10 bicep curls
- 10 lateral raises
Round 4 – repeat for 3 minutes
- 10 sit ups to alternating punches
- 20 bicycle crunches
- 10 leg raises
Friday (@ home workout)
- 12 DB plank rows to push ups
- 12 dumbbell curls
- 20 weighted crunches
- 12 skullcrushers
- 12 lateral raises
- 20 ab pull-ins on a stability ball
- 15 chest presses on a stability ball
- 20 sit ups to alternating punches
Orangetheory – 3G workout
Massage – REST
What were some of your favorite parts of the weekend? What type of massage do you like? Swedish or deep tissue work?