Hey, friends! I hope everyone is staying warm and dry during this cold weekend. We got a few inches of snow here and in typical southern style the whole town shut down. To be fair, there is a ton of ice out there which can be dangerous and we just aren’t equipped to deal with it here. We’ve been cozied up at home for most of the weekend.
I have an easy and delicious recipe to share with you today! If you like hot chocolate, but don’t want all the extra additives and sugar found in store-bought brands, this hot cocoa is for you. I made it with my kids in mind, but our whole family has been sipping on it this weekend.
This cocoa is dairy-free and contains no processed ingredients. It’s a fool-proof recipe to follow, too. Toss everything in a saucepan and then top with coconut cream, So Delicious coco whip, or just frothed almond milk. Your kiddos will love it and you will, too! Enjoy.
- 2 cups of homemade almond milk (or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or more, depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Heat on medium-low, whisking continuously to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour into cups and top with coconut whipped cream or frothed almond milk and a dash of cinnamon.
- Makes two mugs or four small kiddie cups.
Sip while seated next to a fire snuggled up with your kids or pets. PJs and slippers are mandatory.