A random Friday around here

December 10, 2016

Hey everyone! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. We made it to a holiday parade this morning and then went to a late breakfast at Whole Foods. Now the girls are napping [hallelujah!] and I am doing a bit of work and writing.


I wanted to pop in and share the happenings from a random Friday for us. I’m not in the office on Fridays, but I do work remotely for a bit which can get challenging with the girls. I was able to get some work and play in which is a total win.



I get up around 5:00 am and stumble to the coffeemaker. I’ve said it before, but I’m super grateful to have the coffee made for me in the morning. Matt leaves for work around 4:30 am, so it’s always ready by the time I get downstairs.


I hope on my laptop and start doing a bit of work. Year end is always a super busy time for me. I plow through some emails and writing for an hour and a half until I hear the girls stirring.

A Fit Mess

How sad is this sight?

The girls creep downstairs and immediately look for Buddy B (our elf). Surprise! He’s hanging upside down.

The girls are hungry so I whip up a banana-chocolate smoothie for them (1 frozen banana + 1 cup of almond milk + a tablespoon of cocoa powder and peanut butter + ice). I turn on Super Why and then throw in the first of three loads of laundry. I plop on the couch for a bit and get some snuggles before jumping up to clean the kitchen and load the dishwasher.

After about 30 minutes we turn the TV off and play Little People. While the girls play, I make some oatmeal for us on the stove. I pumped it up by adding some coconut oil and coconut cream, plus cinnamon and honey. Delish!

A Fit Mess

Around 9:00 am, we went upstairs for play so that mommy could “try” to get dressed. We then come back downstairs and I throw in another load of laundry, fold the dry load, clean up the bathroom and then pick up random toys.

Soon we are out the door! We run some errands…priority number one being to caffeinate.

This face. <3

We stop at AC Moore to pick up a few Christmas items (wrapping paper, decorations, etc.) and then head home for lunch. I love this store because everything is pretty much on sale.

The girls pick at the food I made them (chicken sausage, quinoa, and apples) before announcing that they aren’t hungry. They immediately ask for popcorn and I give in. Sigh. Around noon we head outside and they help me put up some Christmas lights on our deck.

I lay with the girls for a bit before they finally fall asleep. Once they are out, I pop up and shower, change, and head downstairs to work for another hour and a half. Matt gets home around 2:30 pm and I head out to finish up some Christmas shopping. I hit up Old Navy (<– GREAT sales, my friends), Five Below (disappointing), and Walmart.

On the way back, I picked up Ruby Tuesday’s for dinner. I ordered a kale Cesar salad with salmon, but they didn’t get my order right. It was butter lettuce and a few random veggies. It was still really good (their blackened salmon is my favorite). I cracked open some wine immediately after returning home and we all watched a bit of the Jungle Book, or as the girls call it, “the movie where the boy wears a diaper.”

I get the girls in bed around 7:30 pm (#parentingwin) and after a trip to the bathroom (x2) and a glass of water (x2), they are in bed and lights out.

I head downstairs, grab an oatmeal cookie and settle in for Shameless. SO GOOD. Lights out and in bed around 9:45 pm. It was a crazy night for sure.



Leave a Reply