Hi friends! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Ours was really good – we managed to squeeze in a ton of stuff! I’ve decided to do something a bit different today and share my top 10 highlights of the weekend. It’s nice to reflect on the good times you’ve had…especially when you are headed into a full work week. Am I right?
1. Visiting Upchurch Farms with the girls.
North Carolina friends, Ganyard/Upchurch Farm is a must attraction for fall! We spent several hours here with the girls and they had a blast.
Tell me how cute these outfits from the girls’ nanny are? She always finds the most adorable things!
2. Getting in two awesome workouts.
Saturday I went to my usual Orangetheory class and it was killer. Sprints on an incline always make me hate life. And on Sunday I went to the Y and did an upper body/ab workout that left me with noodle arms. Don’t ask me what’s up with my poofy hair here.
3. Making applesauce in the crockpot.
My sister showed me how to make applesauce a few years ago and I find myself making it ALL THE TIME in the fall. It’s just apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice. Cook in the crockpot for 3 – 4 hours.
4. Walking through a corn crib filled with nearly 100 million kernels of corn.
Oddly, it felt really good on my legs and feet.
Omg – this girl. 🙂
5. Taking our first hay ride with the girls and picking pumpkins right from the vine!
Maddie was pretty sure she could carry her own pumpkin. Ha!
6. Having a much needed date night with Matt.
We went to dinner at City Kitchen (I ended up having the best sushi!) and then saw Masterminds at Silverspot. Um, going to the movies has certainly changed. Roomy, leather recliners, alcoholic beverages, and yummy treats!
7. Making almond butter blondies with the girls.
Luckily we didn’t mess up the recipe too much (Madison dumped nearly the entire container of salt into the bowl so naturally we compensated with extra chocolate chips). It was deeeelicious! It was my first dessert since beginning Whole30 and I was in heaven.
8. Getting the fall decorations out.
And then realizing I need more fall decorations.
9. Getting my new Beautycounter items in the mail.
I went with my favorite Nourishing Cream Exfoliator and a new Lip Gloss (I went with the peony shade). Verdict? LOVEEEEE. You can check out the entire Beautycounter line here.
10. Taking a walk with the girls on a mild/autumn day. LOVE FALL!
How was your weekend? What was one of your highlights?