Hey, hey. I have a fun post to share with you guys. I was inspired by Paula at Thirteen Thoughts to do a post that shares 5o things that make me happy. I think we could all use a reminder of the things that we love. I would love to hear your thoughts, too!
50 things that make me happy:
1. My family. I love them to pieces!
2. My husband for his constant support and strength.
3. Writing. No surprise there. It brings me a lot of joy to express myself in this way.
4. Snuggling with the girls while we watch a movie.
6. Enjoying coffee alone first thing in the morning. Like NOW!7. Sitting in a coffee shop on a rainy day.
8. Red wine. Especially malbec, shiraz, and zinfandels.
9. My dog, Mischa, who isn’t with us anymore. 🙁
10. A run on a crisp autumn day.
11. Foam rolling (love/hate relationship, really)
12. A walk with a friend.
13. Thinking of my mom.
14. Emoji texts with my dad. He’s the cutest.
15. Orangetheory. I can’t say enough about this place.
16. Netflixing. Binge watching a good series (Bloodline, Dexter, House of Cards, Stranger Things).
17. Morning workouts. Yaaasss!
18. Mint chocolate chip ice cream.
19. Hearing and seeing the ocean waves. It’s actually my calming technique.
20. Running on the beach.
21. Lifting heavy.
22. Playing chase with the girls.
24. Stitch Fix!
25. Almond milk lattes. The best are found at Bean Traders!
26. A massage. Self care is essential.
27. Talking with my sister and brother on the phone. We are really close and talk often.
28. Clean sheets on the bed.
29. Travel size cosmetics and personal care items. I can’t explain why, but I love those tiny bottles.
30. Hot yoga. I can’t go back to unheated yoga. I just love the warmth of class.
31. Getting a manicure. I keep my nails super short, but I still love having them painted and polished.
32. Buying new running shoes. I have more sneakers than regular shoes now.
33. Iced tea on a hot day. Make it mango green tea and I’m in heaven!
34. A good book. My favorites are thrillers or mysteries.
35. Sitting on the beach feeling sand in my toes.
36. Going to the Farmer’s Market.
37. Sushi. So.MUCH.Sushi.
38. Music. I like everything from Eric Clapton to Kaleo to Drake. I’m all over.
39. Dry brushing. If you haven’t tried this yet, you must. It feels so good!
40. Trader Joe’s
41. Online shopping. I don’t like crowds! My favorite stores are Nordstrom, Athleta, Banana, and Amazon.
42. Movie theater popcorn and Reese’s Pieces
43. Sangria! All of it.
44. Epsom salt baths. I need to do more of these. They are so soothing and immediately knock me out.
45. The smell of oranges.
46. Christmas lights. The really fat kind. Definitely multi-colored.
47. Dancing with my toddlers.
48. Baking! I make some mean desserts!
49. A hot shower.
50. All of you!
Okay, your turn. Please add a comment below of something that makes you happy!