Heeeyyy! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend! We enjoyed ours despite the rainy weather. I got in some good workouts, went to a baby shower, caught up with friends, and went to a neighborhood potluck and parade. Fun, fun!
I have one dee-licious recipe to share with you guys: make-ahead Mediterranean salad. It’s the perfect dish to bring to a barbecue or potluck. This salad combines spinach with rice, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts. You can easily throw it together the day before and won’t have to fuss with anything the next day. I find that the salad is actually much more flavorful when it’s been refrigerated for awhile. I use microwaveable rice so it only takes a few minutes to cook. Everything else is ready to go. Sure, let’s call it what it is…the busy mom’s meal.
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of drained oil packed sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped kalamata olives (pitted)
- 1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Drain and rinse under cold water (if needed).
- Combine rice with remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Want to hear more from me? Be sure to subscribe to my blog with your email!
I hope you all have an amazing Tuesday! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for a Beautycounter review and GIVEAWAY!
What are your favorite party/potluck meals? I’m always in the market for more ideas!