Hi friends. I have an awesome review for you today…and a fabulous GIVEAWAY at the end. If you’ve been searching for better, safer skincare products then this post is for you. Enjoy!
I was super excited when my friend Jen offered me the opportunity to sample some of the beauty and skincare products from Beautycounter that she keeps in her shop, Vintage Home South. If you haven’t heard of it, Beautycounter is a company that offers skincare, makeup, and bath products with natural, non-toxic ingredients. It was started by a mom who wanted better products for herself and her family.
Beautycounter’s mission is simple: To get safer products into the hands of everyone.
And they do this in several ways:
- By banning more than 1,500 harmful of questionable ingredients from their products (to date the US has only banned 11)
- Rigorously screening every potential ingredient for safety and toxicity
- Constantly reviewing emerging data and consulting with scientists and industry experts
- Sourcing responsibly: over 80% of the products are organic, natural, or plant derived
- And listing every single ingredient on the packing and product itself
Jen is a consultant with Beautycounter and she gave me several products to try. I was pleasantly surprised by the items and thought it would be helpful to share my thoughts with you. Please note, this is not a sponsored post, but Jen is an affiliate and will receive a small commission if you use her referral link. I have been allowed to sample these items for free, but I also used my own money to purchase products and I plan to buy more in the future. All opinions are my own.
Here are the products I sampled:
Rose water uplifting spray ($35): This was definitely one of my favorite products! The rose water is a great energizing mist to use whenever you need a little refresher or pick me up. You simply spray generously 6 inches from your face. I usually reach for this mid-afternoon if I am feeling tired or need a little lift. I have also used it to set my makeup. I can see this coming in handy when travelling.
Uplifting day cream ($73): This face lotion contains a unique combination of vitamin C, ginger root, and flower extract. Together, they work to reduce signs of aging and hydrate your skin. Unlike other face creams, I found this one to be very lightweight and silky. It can be applied morning and night for maximum softness.
Routine clean cream cleanser ($26): Coconut oil, aloe, green tea, and sweet almond oil are the key ingredients in this cleanser. It’s gentle and soft – perfect for every day use. I loved how mild the cleanser was and how effective it was at removing oil and makeup from my face. It smells sweet, too.
Nourishing cream exfoliator ($34): I almost passed on this one when it was offered to me since I haven’t had much luck with exfoliators. I try to stay away from them since they tend to be too harsh on my skin. I immediately fell in love with this product. It’s a cream — not like any exfoliator I’ve ever used. It’s surprisingly gentle yet highly effective.
Lip conditioner ($20): When Jen gave me this “conditioner” I kind of laughed and thought, Isn’t this just a fancy way of saying lip balm? Turns out, it really is a conditioner and works to hydrate and heal your lips. I even used it on my daughter who has really chapped lips and it helped a lot. I’ve tried the calendula and peppermint kind and both are great, but I think I prefer the peppermint. It’s recommended to use it at night before going to bed.
Vibrant eye perfector with marine extracts ($55): This eye cream was very smooth and light and can be used morning and night. It blended in well and I could easily apply my eye makeup over it. I’ve been using Dermalogica Total Eye Care for years and I really like that for treating the dark circles I get under my eyes, but this cream would be a nice compliment to that one.
Nourishing cleansing balm ($80): This is lovingly called the “miracle cream” because of how effective it can be on your skin. It contains cranberry seed oil and vitamin C – both are excellent to use on your skin. You should massage this on your dry face at night and then remove it with a warm, wet cloth. I only used this a couple of times so I can’t completely speak to it’s effectiveness, but it left my skin feeling pretty amazing and it smells great!
Lustro face oils ($68): I absolutely LOVED these oils. You can use them morning and night. All you need are a few drops of the oil (I mixed mine with the uplifting face cream). Massage on to face before applying makeup or sunscreen. This would be a great alternative to the sweet almond oil I use on my face.
Additional products I love:
- Lip sheer in Rose (<–OBSESSED)
- Lengthening mascara (I love the thin wand)
- Anytime eye cream
I asked Jen a few questions of my own and I thought I’d share her responses with you guys:
1. What are your fave products? Nourishing cream exfoliator, Lustro facial oil #1 (with calendula), lip sheer in Twig, Rose neroli lustro body oil (seasonal).
2. How did you get started with BC? A friend of mine introduced me to the line after we’d been chatting about health and nutrition – I’ve had allergic reactions to lots of personal care products (especially sunscreen) and I really needed something that was going to end the madness. I was already following a plant-heavy diet which had reduced many food-related allergies. It made sense that I should be equally thoughtful about what I was putting on my skin. I loved the line so much that I became a rep and decided to put it on the counter at the shop and let customers test the products to see what all the buzz is about 🙂 And, happy to report – most of my skin allergies have disappeared!
3. Where can people find your Beautycounter products? They can shop my online store at www.beautycounter.com/
Now for the giveaway! Jen is offering a FREE Nourishing Cream Exfoliator to one lucky person! Just check out Jen’s Beautycounter website http://www.