Hey guys! I have a delicious recipe for you today. It’s a yummy variation of the homemade almond milk I shared a few months ago: chocolate almond milk. This drink is packed full of flavor and is a healthy alternative to store bought chocolate milk. It’s been kid tested over here and we got two (well, four) thumbs up!
Commercial almond milk often contains a lot of processed junk and very little nutritional value (some have less than 2% of almonds in them!). Plus, the flavored ones (like vanilla and chocolate) are loaded with added sugars to make them taste good. This recipe is simple to assemble and is made with only natural ingredients. I’ve been adding mine to overnight oats, chia pudding, and smoothies.
Homemade chocolate almond milk
- 3 – 3.5 cups of homemade almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3-5 dates (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Prepare the almond milk following the original recipe.
- Pour almond milk into blender.
- Cut the vanilla bean down the center and scrape out the inside. Discard the bean pod.
- Add the vanilla, cocoa powder, and dates to the blender.
- Blend until everything is completely smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the back of you fridge.
- Separation will happen to the milk. Just shake or stir vigorously before serving.
- You’ll need to soak the almonds overnight prior to making the milk.
- If you don’t have a vanilla bean, you could sub vanilla extract.
- You’ll need to adjust the ingredients depending on your taste preferences. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find your ideal combination. I used 3 dates in mine, but could have probably added another one.
- Consume the milk within 3 – 4 days.
Please let me know if you try it! Have a great Tuesday!
You can find this recipe and more on my Pinterest page!