This weekend was a whirlwind full of lots of to-dos and endless cleaning. Luckily my girls were good sports and accompanied me on my errands without much fuss. Yes, there were bribes. No judgements, please.
Saturday morning started out in the usual fashion: green smoothies. No pants. Next was groceries and then a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up curtain rods. Since PetSmart is right next door to BB&B, I took the girls to the “mini zoo.” After that, we had a few more errands to do before heading home.
That evening, we went to an early dinner at Firebirds and arrived at 4:30 pm to see it was PACKED! After waiting 30 minutes for a table we were finally seated. By then the girls were super restless and I wanted to devour all the things. It was one of those eatasfastaswecan meals. Parents, you know what I mean. But it was delicious!
Sunday, I went to an Orangetheory class, had a friend visit, and then prepped meals and snacks for the week ahead, including the best no bake protein bars!
These bars are super easy to make and my girls really enjoy them. They are a great alternative to store-bought/processed bars.
No bake protein bars (gluten and dairy free)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup nut butter (peanut, almond, sunflower)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Add almonds and cashews to the food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Mix almonds and cashews with sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the nut butter, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt (you may want to heat it all up in the microwave).
- Add wet ingredients to the nut blend.
- Pour into a parchment paper lined pan (I used a loaf pan) and freeze until solid.
- Have tested by toddler. Store in the freezer.
How was your weekend? What does your food prep look like?