Hello! I hope you enjoyed the long weekend! I was so focused on Christmas and preparing for our trip to Buffalo that I actually forgot it was New Year’s! Once I remembered, I thought I’d prepare a special meal for us, but that never happened. We had nothing in our fridge so I threw together a dinner of eggs and frozen veggies. #NYEfail
I managed to squeeze in a yoga class at Hot Asana and two classes at Orangetheory (<–latest obsession!). It rained for almost the entire weekend, but we eventually got outside on Sunday for a walk with the girls. We’re really fortunate to have a nice playground in our neighborhood. It’s about a 10 minute walk from our house (or 30 minutes in toddler time).
We have not been able to find good Buffalo wings since moving to Durham. After numerous disappointing meals, we decided to create our own. They turned out amazing! The best part? They are baked, not fried, and they are made with coconut oil and other delicious ingredients. These have become our Sunday regular.
Try. Them. Now. Mmmmmmkay?
Buffalo Wings Recipe
- 24 wings
- ½ cup of hot sauce of choice
- ½ cup unmelted coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp of coconut aminos
- 2 ½ tbsp vinegar
- couple shakes of garlic powder (use more if you like!)
- chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat all ingredients (except wings) in a saucepan until it reaches a low boil. Whisk the sauce every so often while it simmers. Once the sauce starts to bubble on the sides, set aside to cool.
- Put the sauce in a bowl and toss the wings in the sauce.
- Place wings on a baking sheet and bake for around 55 minutes or until crispy.
- Enjoy without shame as you get your face and hands all messy.